Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by keinmensch <ke...@mailhaven.com> on 2010/02/24 16:06:16 UTC

Re: Building Tuscany 2 from Source on OS X

Luciano Resende wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 7:11 AM, keinmensch <ke...@mailhaven.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>> Trying to build the latest Tuscany 2.0 snapshot from source, following
>> the instructions at
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYxDOCx2x/SCA+Java+Development+Guide,
>> but after five attempts, having tried both the -fae and -U options, I
>> still get:
>> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>> Missing:
>> ----------
>> 1) sun.jdk:tools:jar:1.6
>>
>> Perhaps I should postpone adventures such as this until things are
>> slightly more stable?
>> Thanks.
>>

> The issue here is that there seems to be a maven issue that requires
> the tools.jar in the classpath, and while windows have a external
> tools.jar in the JDK, the MAC OS has an embedded one thus this
> dependency fails in MAC OS, see [0][1].  I have also provided a patch
> for the current codebase [2][3], but I didn't have time and resources
> to make sure this works perfectly in windows, that's why it's not in
> the trunk code yet...
>
> Please let me know if this helps you.
>
> [0] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1323
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2594
> [2] http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/0001-TUSCANY-2594.patch
> [3] http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/0002-TUSCANY-2594.patch

Hi!
I finally found a solution for this:
In the root directory of the active Java JDK, i.e. for instance
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/, I created a
directory named "lib" and in it I placed an empty JAR named "tools.jar".
I did delete all dependencies in the Tuscany pom-files that referred to
the tools.jar, but that did not seem to help, so I reverted to this
rather crude way of resolving the problem.
Best wishes!

Re: Building Tuscany 2 from Source on OS X

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 7:06 AM, keinmensch <ke...@mailhaven.com> wrote:
> Luciano Resende wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 7:11 AM, keinmensch <ke...@mailhaven.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>> Trying to build the latest Tuscany 2.0 snapshot from source, following
>>> the instructions at
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYxDOCx2x/SCA+Java+Development+Guide,
>>> but after five attempts, having tried both the -fae and -U options, I
>>> still get:
>>> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>>> Missing:
>>> ----------
>>> 1) sun.jdk:tools:jar:1.6
>>>
>>> Perhaps I should postpone adventures such as this until things are
>>> slightly more stable?
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> The issue here is that there seems to be a maven issue that requires
>> the tools.jar in the classpath, and while windows have a external
>> tools.jar in the JDK, the MAC OS has an embedded one thus this
>> dependency fails in MAC OS, see [0][1].  I have also provided a patch
>> for the current codebase [2][3], but I didn't have time and resources
>> to make sure this works perfectly in windows, that's why it's not in
>> the trunk code yet...
>>
>> Please let me know if this helps you.
>>
>> [0] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1323
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2594
>> [2] http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/0001-TUSCANY-2594.patch
>> [3] http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/0002-TUSCANY-2594.patch
>>

> Hi!
> I finally found a solution for this:
> In the root directory of the active Java JDK, i.e. for instance
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/, I created a
> directory named "lib" and in it I placed an empty JAR named "tools.jar".
> I did delete all dependencies in the Tuscany pom-files that referred to
> the tools.jar, but that did not seem to help, so I reverted to this
> rather crude way of resolving the problem.
> Best wishes!

Trunk should now be fixed and mac should be working fine.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende