Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Albert Yu <al...@imtf.ie> on 2002/02/18 15:18:28 UTC

ServiceManagerClient throws exception

Hi,

I want to try ServiceManagerClient, but I failed, what is
wrong?

    <path id="project.lib.path">
      <fileset dir="${lib.dir}">
        <include name="mail.jar" />
        <include name="activation.jar" />
        <include name="jaxp.jar" />
        <include name="parser.jar" />
        <include name="soap.jar" />
      </fileset>
    </path>

  <target name="manager">
        <java
classname="org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient"
          fork="yes"
          classpathref = "project.lib.path"

          <arg value =
"http://sun02:4040/soap/servlet/rpcrouter"/>
          <arg value = "list"/>
        </java>
  </target>

"ant manager" command got this exception: (What is wrong?)

manager:
     [java] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
     [java]     at
org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.<init>(QName.java:80)
     [java]     at
org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.matches(QName.java:146)
     [java]     at
org.apache.soap.Envelope.unmarshall(Envelope.java:237)
     [java]     at
org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:230)
     [java]     at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod
(ServiceManager
Client.java:129)
     [java]     at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.list(Service
ManagerClient.j
ava:151)
     [java]     at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(Service
ManagerClient.j
ava:237)
     [java] Exception in thread "main"
     [java] Java Result: 1

Thanks.

Albert

RE: ServiceManagerClient throws exception

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.

The method that is missing has to do with namespaces. Your
compiler is finding an older XML parser before it finds the
one that SOAP uses. Probably that jaxp.jar and parser.jar
are old.

wbrogden@bga.com
Author of Soap Programming with Java - Sybex; ISBN: 0782129285

RE: ServiceManagerClient throws exception

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.