Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Pedro Calcao <pc...@opensoft.pt> on 2007/10/11 20:25:15 UTC

[Trinidad] RangeChangeEvent problem

Greetings,

I have a table in which I have set a rangeChangeListener to my backing bean,
there, I use the getNewStart and getNewEnd properties of the event to fetch
data to my list from another source.

Everything works fine when the user navigates through the pages, except if
he chooses "Display All X". The problem is that the getNewStart and
getNewEnd usually give the values from the first element (included, zero
based), to the last (zero based). When the Display All is selected, what
these properties give is 0 to list size (included).

I believe this might be a bug, since the indexes should be consistent with
the navigation, in the latter case, I would expect the range to be:
newStart = 0
newEnd = list.size-1

Thanks,

Pedro

--
Os melhores cumprimentos,

Pedro Calção

Re: [Trinidad] RangeChangeEvent problem

Posted by Francisco Passos <fr...@gmail.com>.
Although I'm not familiar with that situation, at first glance it appears to
be a bug, since the range properties probably ought to present the same
semantics independently of the view containing only one page of data or all
the data at once.

Nevertheless, can anyone more knowledgeable on this topic give their input
as to whether this is a bug or not and if not, how one can work around it?

Thank you

Francisco Passos