Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Patrice Thiebaud <pa...@bea.com> on 2002/09/03 14:45:52 UTC

Scope of logging in an application server

I did the necessary to configure the use of log4j in a WLS enterprise
application, using a specific configuration file and specific log file name(s).
My assumption is that the preferred approach is to have separate logging
for each deployed enterprise application and/or stand-alone component.

I would like to know what approaches are generally used in an application
server environment.

Thanks in advance.

Patrice Thiebaud - Presales Senior Consultant
BEA Systems - France
Tour Manhattan
6 place de l'Iris
92095 PARIS La Défense Cédex
Tel: 33 1 41 45 70 27 Mobile: 06 08 05 95 95