Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2013/01/07 13:41:01 UTC

I have written our Incubator draft report...

...at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2013

Comments/change proposals are welcome, here or there.

-Bertrand

device map ddr format

Posted by "Naghibi, Reza" <Re...@weather.com>.
Will the devicemap ddr format match or closely match the OpenDDR formatting? Things like being XML based, parent devices, and a patch file? I think all these things are fine. I just want to know if I should be expecting a format change which would result in a large code changes to support the new DDR.

Thanks,
Reza

Re: I have written our Incubator draft report...

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 2:19 PM, Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I hope for input or creative suggestions when it comes to the "NoSQL"
> proposal we got in the last couple of weeks of the old year, maybe you
> could summarize that in one sentence, possible use of Cassandra or similar
> projects inside (ideally) or outside Apache....

Good point, I have added "Some proposals have been made around
creating services for device identification and using various (noSQL
and other) backends for device data" at

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Since then, regarding code commits, I guess that's about right.

I hope for input or creative suggestions when it comes to the "NoSQL"
proposal we got in the last couple of weeks of the old year, maybe you
could summarize that in one sentence, possible use of Cassandra or similar
projects inside (ideally) or outside Apache.

Werner

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

I believe, "No notable progress in terms of code" suggests, the last report
was not in Jan 2012, but some time after OpenDDR client code was
contributed?

Werner