Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Chaitanya Bapat <ch...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/02 03:38:05 UTC

Re: Update : CI windows-gpu Failure

Hello MXNet Community,

Since a week, CI is blocked due to Windows-GPU failure.
PR to fix it is still WIP :

This updates the toolchain from 32bit to 64bit [to resolve the 2GB memory
linker error currently facing CI]
Along with host of other updates that are long time coming -
[VSCode2019,opencv,cudnn,etc]
We have 2 pending issues:
1. cuda segfault in Py3 Windows GPU test
OSError: exception: access violation writing 0x0000000000000000

2. Jenkins Channel Connection
"hudson.remoting.ChannelClosedException: Channel
"hudson.remoting.Channel@5cca06e6:JNLP4-connect connection from [...]
failed. The channel is closing down or has closed down"

We are hard at work to unblock the CI & get the PR fix merged.

Since we want to focus on fixing the windows-gpu issue and avoid
complicating the situation further, we are not disabling the windows-gpu
build as of now. As a backup plan, we will disable the windows-gpu builds
by 4/5 Sunday EOD if things don’t recover by then.

Thanks for the continued patience.
Chai,
on behalf of the MXNet CI team

Posted by Marco de Abreu <ma...@gmail.com>.
Done:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-20085

Since you didn't provide the required events, I took an educated guess.
Next time, please include the events.

-Marco

Posted by Chaitanya Bapat <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello MXNet community,