Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com> on 2011/11/18 10:33:10 UTC

[Lucene.Net] [VOTE] Apache-Lucene.Net-2.9.4-incubating-RC3

Third time is the charm:

http://people.apache.org/~pnasser/Lucene.Net/2.9.4-incubating-RC3/

I'll keep it open for 72 hours or so, then if all goes well, I'll make a vote to the general@incubator

Thanks everyone for their help getting to this point.

~Prescott

+1

RE: [Lucene.Net] [VOTE] Apache-Lucene.Net-2.9.4-incubating-RC3

Posted by Christopher Currens <cu...@gmail.com>.
Some of the contrib stuff will be easier to port than others.  Some of it
relies on features the java character class has that .Net does not have.
If my memory serves me correctly, it has to do with the character map,
essentially java can tell you whig category it lives in, or Arabic,
Chinese, etc. .Net only gives you is letter, is digit, etc.

There are a few other difficulties in the hyphenation package, as well.  It
won't be totally painless.

I'm okay with not including it in the release and porting them later,
either for the next release, or if people request it.  I don't see any
reason we couldnt do it as a separate release, if community demand was high
enough.  So, I'm a +1. For a release as is.

+1

Sent from my phonograph, so there are likely some mistaken. ;)

Posted by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Troy Howard <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-11-20, Prescott Nasser wrote:

> I've updated the files - same location

Thanks a lot!

Hashes and sigs are good.  All required legal files are in place.  src
zip still matches the tag (so I didn't have to re-run RAT)

+1

Stefan

RE: [Lucene.Net] [VOTE] Apache-Lucene.Net-2.9.4-incubating-RC3

Posted by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-11-18, Prescott Nasser wrote:

> Third time is the charm: