Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Egor Pahomov <pa...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/31 18:53:56 UTC

How Auth should work?

Hi, I do not understand how security should work and I have problems
finding any resources on this matter.

When I create notebook under user1 from example, this notebook is seen by
user3. I would expect, that notebook created under one user, should not be
seen under other. Does it suppose to work this way or not? If yes, what I
might be doing wrong? I just uncommented "/** = anon" and
created new notebook under user1, which is seen under all users.

By the way, if someone would give somewhere a talk regarding how it should
work, I would definitely watch it.
--

*Sincerely yoursEgor Pakhomov*

Re: How Auth should work?

Posted by Khalid Huseynov <kh...@zepl.com>.
Hi Egor,

That's good point. Actually you've been doing everything correctly, but
that feature isn't enabled by default, and it can be enabled through
configuration using ZEPPELIN_NOTEBOOK_PUBLICl environment variable. I
addressed it under ZEPPELIN-2036
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-2036>. Please check if it
works for you.