Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Benjamin Larchevêque <be...@teamtrade.com> on 2007/04/18 15:26:53 UTC

Any documentation/example about org.apache.catalina.Comet* ?

Hello, I saw that Tomcat proposes some interfaces to use Comet like Servlet from version 6.x. Even(t) if I get the main idea I was not able to reuse the pseudo code servlet ChatServlet provided on the following page:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/aio.html

I would like to know if someone already used this techno successfully and could give me a link including a valid example or documentation on this topic. My main problem here is that I am never able to display anything in the web page while the connection is open... which is embarrassing in a Comet perspective :(

  Benjamin Larchevêque
  Ingénieur Etude & Développement
   Team Trade Paris
   43, rue Taitbout
   75009 Paris
   +33 6 1955 6012
   benjamin.larcheveque@teamtrade.com

   http://www.linkedin.com/in/larcheveque

Re: Any documentation/example about org.apache.catalina.Comet* ?

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
Benjamin Larchevêque wrote:
> Hello, I saw that Tomcat proposes some interfaces to use Comet like Servlet from version 6.x. Even(t) if I get the main idea I was not able to reuse the pseudo code servlet ChatServlet provided on the following page:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/aio.html
>
> I would like to know if someone already used this techno successfully and could give me a link including a valid example or documentation on this topic. My main problem here is that I am never able to display anything in the web page while the connection is open... which is embarrassing in a Comet perspective :(

that is mostly because of how your browser works. try writing a java
client instead where you control what is displayed.
many folks are using comet, hopefully someone else can give you another
example
Filip