Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by An...@sdc.ro on 2009/09/04 12:49:20 UTC

problem configurating index jackrabbit

Hello,

i need a little help

i'm just a junior developer and right now i have to work with jackrabbit..
i have a little problem with configuration of indexing, and i read
something about it on wiki and read some comments, but i can't find a
solution.
i've configured a repository with my own types of node with namespace
"th", and when i try to index some nodes my indexing-configuration are
ignored! i don't know why (i try to play with default nodes and it realy
work, but with my custom nodes no).

this is my indexing-configuration:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE configuration SYSTEM "
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/dtd/indexing-configuration-1.0.dtd">
<configuration xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0"
             xmlns:th="http://www.sdc.ro/thoth/1.0"
           xmlns:nt="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0" >

 <index-rule nodeType="th:hierarchyNode" boost="2.0">
    <property>jcr:description</property>
    <property>jcr:author</property>
    <property>jcr:lastModify</property>
    <property>jcr:created</property>
  </index-rule>

  <index-rule nodeType="th:resource" boost="4.0">
    <property>jcr:description</property>
    <property>jcr:filename</property>
    <property>jcr:extension</property>
    <property>jcr:encoding</property>
    <property>jcr:mimeType</property>
    <property>jcr:data</property>
    <property>jcr:lastModified</property>
  </index-rule>

  <index-rule nodeType="th:metadata" boost="2.0">
    <property>jcr:metadataType</property>
    <property>jcr:metadataValue</property>
    <property>jcr:metadataLabel</property>
  </index-rule>

  <index-rule nodeType="th:fileDocument" boost="2.0">
    <property>jcr:docType</property>
    <property>jcr:docTypeDesc</property>
  </index-rule>

  <index-rule nodeType="th:plainDocument" boost="2.0">
  </index-rule>

</configuration>

as it can be seen the plainDocument is not configured to be indexed , but
when i run a search i can find it and i even looked at the index on
filesystem and i found mark of this node beenig indexed

i hope you can help me.
lots of 10x,
ana r.

Re: problem configurating index jackrabbit

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 19:16, Radu Ana-Maria<ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "also note that the index will pick the first rule that matches. does
> th:plainDocument inherit from any of the node types in the preceding
> index-rules? if that's the case, then it will never be used because
> the preceding rule will be picked instead."
> yes this is the case ..
> so if i switch the definition between
> <index-rule nodeType="th:hierarchyNode" boost="2.0"> (the inherited node)
> and plaindocument it will not be indexed..?

correct.

please use the jackrabbit user list if you have more questions on how
to use or configure jackrabbit. this dev list is intended for
discussion on the development of jackrabbit.

regards
 marcel

Re: problem configurating index jackrabbit

Posted by Radu Ana-Maria <ra...@gmail.com>.
"also note that the index will pick the first rule that matches. does
th:plainDocument inherit from any of the node types in the preceding
index-rules? if that's the case, then it will never be used because
the preceding rule will be picked instead."
yes this is the case ..
so if i switch the definition between
<index-rule nodeType="th:hierarchyNode" boost="2.0"> (the inherited node)
and plaindocument it will not be indexed..?

10x for the quick reply!
ana

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi,