Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Ajay <aj...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/16 10:16:55 UTC

Using Flume with S3 Sink

Hi,

I could like to know how to use Flume with S3 sink with IAM role. I found
the JIRA ticket for the same  -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-15141 but the
steps/configuration required for the same are not documented anywhere.

If anyone could point me to the documentation or provide the configuration
required, it could be of great help.

Thanks
Ajay

Re: Using Flume with S3 Sink

Posted by Ajay <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yes i mean the HDFS sink only for s3 as well. But with s3n protocol it need
access and secret keys. As per the mentioned Jira ticket, it is said that
with s3a protocol, it could work with IAM role. But I couldn't find any
documentation for the same but from the code merged in the Jira ticket that
few properties need to configured.

Thanks
Ajay

Re: Using Flume with S3 Sink