Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by j-...@chronopost.fr on 2002/11/29 16:48:38 UTC

Réf. : RE: HttpServletResponse.setHeader("Content-Disposition","attachme nt; filename=Report.pdf ")

Miguel wrote:

> If you set content-disposition, attachment. Web Browser will open save as
> dialog. You must put
> HttpServletResponse.setHeader("Content-Disposition","inline;
> filename=Report.pdf ")
> This works for me.

This sends the PDF file in the same page in the navigator.  However I
would like to post the PDF in a new window.

I wish to open only once one dialog of downloading.

How to make?

regards

Re: Réf. : RE: HttpServletResponse.setHeader("Content-Disposition","attachme nt; filename=Report.pdf ")

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
j-kong@chronopost.fr wrote:

>>If you set content-disposition, attachment. Web Browser will open save as
>>dialog. You must put
>>HttpServletResponse.setHeader("Content-Disposition","inline;
>>filename=Report.pdf ")
>>This works for me.
>

> This sends the PDF file in the same page in the navigator.  However I
> would like to post the PDF in a new window.
It's client responsibility to decide where to show server's response.
You cannot open new browser window from a server side, but you can do it
easily from a browser side. Recall "target" attribute of <form> or <a>
html elements.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team