Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <rh...@telerama.com> on 2003/01/02 01:22:13 UTC

help with velocitylayout problem

I have been using velocitylayout for a while, but came into a limitation
today when I tried to introduce some "public" content from my turbine web app.

The problem is that I wanted to change the screen on the layout, but I
can't change the screen in the layout unless I login.
Before I login, I get my login form.
After I login, I get my desired screen.

I tried setting a new Layout in my screen file (and also commented it
out).  It appears that the screen will not be executed unless there is a
logged in user.

My screens do not have any java class files, nor do my layouts....

Is this a design limitation, or a me being stupid error?

Thanks,
Phillip

Re: help with velocitylayout problem

Posted by Wei He <we...@ldeo.columbia.edu>.
Check if you have a Default.java class in modules/screens directory. By
default, there is always going to be an anonymouse user in Turbine.  But
if your Default.java has more restrict requirements such as those set by
SecureScreen.java (in tdk example), you will have to login.  I vafuely
remember that there were at least one thread back about 1 year and half
ago about how weaker screen, weak screen, and secure screen should work
in the mail archive.

Hope this helps.

--
Wei He, Ph.D.