Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org> on 2000/01/25 09:28:26 UTC

Re: Lost functionality when working with a DTD

Alick Buckley wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My application has been using IBM's XML parser to display a DTD file into a
> JTree.
>
> I have take advantage of the following classes:
>
>      com.ibm.xml.parser.TXDocument
>      com.ibm.xml.parser.DTD
>
> Since upgrading to XML4J 3.0.x series I have lost the TX classes.
>
> I have looked at the org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDTDScanner class,
> but I have found the learning curve very steep.
>
> Do you have any code examples on how I can read a DTD file and get it into some
> sort of DOM tree or
> some easy to manage format.
>
> If you do not have any code examples, an email address of somebody with Xerces
> knowledge would
> help me.
>
> Thanks
>
> Alick

I am forwarding this E-Mail to the Xerces Mailing List... You should
subscribe there.

	Pier

<ma...@betaversion.org>    <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>

Re: Lost functionality when working with a DTD

Posted by Ted Leung <tw...@sauria.com>.
Alick,

Your best bet is to look at the SAX2 DeclHandler in org.xml.sax.misc.

Ted