Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Legolas Woodland <le...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/31 11:22:43 UTC

problem on url rewriting and cookies ,

Hi
Thank you for reading my post
I have a problem with my hosted application , when i click on some of my
links in the web application
the server return an exception like :

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path http://www.mysite.com/ does not
start with a "/" character

 org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:1062)

 org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProcessor.java:455)

 org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:279)
    org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
    org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)

 com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)

 com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

For example that come from clicking a link that change the language.
also i used dynamic forward creation
in the web site that i build . the above exception come when i click on
one of my flags
which produce a url like :

http://www.mysite.com/ChangeLocale.do;jsessionid=2B7855F5F585B96C83B68FBC6B4E78D4?Lang=en

, but when the browser shows the exception if i click GO button of
browser again it will works fine.

I contact the host provider and ask them to give me some help (this
problem introduced after we
moved our web application to new host)
they said :

It looks like a bug in tomcat. Please force your application not to do
url rewriting and use cookies instead. This should solve your problem.

When i ask them about tomcat version they said :
its tomcat 5.5.15 , meanwhile my application works fine on tomcat 5.5.12
my questions are :
What that solution means ?
does tomcat 5.5.15 has that problem ?

Thanks