Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Mohammad Mustaqeem <3m...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/22 15:29:17 UTC

Rack-awareness in Hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

Is Hadoop-2.0.3-alpha does not support Rack-awarness?
I am trying to make Hadoop cluster Rack-Aware for a week but I
haven't succeed.

What I am doing.
I am adding following property in etc/hadoop/core-site.xml :
<property>
<name>net.topology.script.file.name</name>
<value>/home/hadoop/hadoop-2.0.3-alpha/etc/hadoop/topology.sh</value>
</property>
The topology.sh and topology.data is attached with this mail.

I want to tell you that once I used this property(topology.script.file.name)
and files to make Hadoop-0.22.0 rack-aware but I am unable to do the same
for Hadoop-2.0.3-alpha.
What I am doing wrong?
Please, somebody help me.

--
*With regards ---*
*Mohammad Mustaqeem*,

Re: Rack-awareness in Hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

Posted by Patai Sangbutsarakum <si...@gmail.com>.
I believe that his topology.sh and .data files are already correct.
bash topology.sh 172.31.13.133 mustaqeem-1 mustaqeem-4
/default/rack /rack2 /rack3

output looks exactly the same as mine.

Mohammad,
1. did you restart namenode after you modified the configuration? in 0.20,
restart namenode is required.
2. Try to revert the scheduler to the default i believe it is FIFO, and
play with Rack-awareness again.
3. Check if you need to chown topology.sh to the user that run namenode
4. Check if you need to chmod u+x topology.sh
5. Check if topology.data can be read by the user.

hope this help

Posted by Patai Sangbutsarakum <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patai Sangbutsarakum <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patai Sangbutsarakum <si...@gmail.com>.