Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "R. Diez" <rd...@yahoo.de.INVALID> on 2018/12/21 16:11:31 UTC

Automatically taking any JARs used by referenced library projects

Hi all:

I am using NetBeans 8.2, but I guess this question is also valid for the newer NetBeans versions I would like to move to.

I have a NetBeans project group with several small JavaFX applications. One of the projects is a library called "SerialPortCommon" which is shared among all the other projects.

For each project, I went to their project "Properties", "Libraries", "Compile-time Libraries", and clicked on "Add Project" in order to add a reference to the "SerialPortCommon" library project.

The trouble is, the "SerialPortCommon" library project uses 2 precompiled JARs, namely purejavacomm-1.0.2.jar and jna-4.5.2.jar . I need to add those 2 JARS to all other projects, which is a pain. If I update one of those JARs, I need to update them all over the place.

I would have expected NetBeans to automatically realise that, if the common library uses those 2 JARs, all projects that reference the common library will need those 2 JARs too.

Have I missed something? Is there at least a workaround?

I hope that the fix does not mean "upgrading" the whole lot to Maven or the like...

Thanks in advance,
  rdiez