Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/01 02:42:00 UTC

How to clear hbase data in zookeeper

It is my intention to clean the zookeeper info, since getting questionable
behavior in hbase.

what is the process to view/clear the data (hbase..) in zookeeper?

To view it i tried something like:

java -cp zookeeper.jar:lib/*:conf org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain ls /
hscaler-cn001:2181

I get an output of

Connecting to localhost:2181
(org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper).

WATCHER::

WatchedEvent state:SyncConnected type:None path:null
[hbase, zookeeper]

I"m not sure how to get more specific info (using /hbase for example
results in same info..)

Also: how to remove all of the hbase related data in zookeeper ?

Thanks!

Re: How to clear hbase data in zookeeper

Posted by "ac@hsk.hk" <ac...@hsk.hk>.
Hi,

I have tried to use the 'big hammer' before, here are my steps (it is not recommended and you should have your HBase and ZK shut down first):

### shut down ZM and HBase
1) for each ZK node:
su 							// login as root
cd $ZOOKEEPER_HOME
cp data/myid myid			// backup existing myid file to ZooKeeper's home folder
rm data/* -Rf
rm dadalog/* -Rf
mkdir -p data
mkdir -p datalog
cp myid data/myid			// restore the myid backup so no need to recreate myid again

2) for each ZK node:
(start ZK )

3) finally
(start HBase)

By clearing data and datalog, you should have a very clean ZooKeeper.
Hope these help and good luck.
Thanks
ac

Posted by Kevin O'dell <ke...@cloudera.com>.