Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bryan Coon <bc...@sequenom.com> on 2002/01/25 19:33:19 UTC

SSI help needed ( try #2 )

Greetings!  I posted this a couple days ago and didn't get any response...
so Ill try again.

Hi,

I am running Apache 1.3.20 on Linux RedHat 7.2, compiled with mod_perl,
mod_php, and mod_ssl.  I did not specifically request that mod_include be
compiled as the documentation states that it is in the default compilation.

I was trying to get Server Side Includes to work, but am not having any
luck.  I would like to use the XBitHack method instead of the AddHandler ...
.shtml.

I added the following line to my httpd.conf file in my < Directory
"/home/htdocs" > context just after the Options line:
XBitHack on

I changed the Options line to:
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews Includes

and then restarted Apache.

The test html file I was using was htdocs/test.html, with the execute bit
set on, and was very simple:
Date: <!-- #echo var="DATE_LOCAL" -->

But I never see the date.  I have tried placing the XBitHack on line all
over the place, but no results...

Can someone tell me what I am missing?

Thanks!
Bryan

Re: SSI help needed ( try #2 )

Posted by Clay Atkins <ca...@spcmg.com>.
What does the source for the returned page say? Does it show your <!--
#echo... or blank or something else?