Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ja...@mail.state.ky.us on 2002/05/15 18:37:47 UTC

Character encoding on other platforms (previously os/390)

I've had a couple folks ask me for the modified code so the proper character
encoding is returned on the toString().getBytes()
is US-ASCII. This is cool that other people besides me need this.

I downloaded this snapshot xml-fop_20020515162132 and I don't see any
modification to the code.
Is this change going to be incorporated or has been incorporated in a way
that I missed?

Basically I had to dig through and change every instance from
	return result.toString().getBytes();
        try {
        	return result.toString().getBytes(PDFConstants.Encoding);
        } catch ( UnsupportedEncodingException e ) {
        	return result.toString().getBytes();
        }

The constant in the class is just my habit and could easily be replaced by
just the string constant US-ASCII.

Is there anything else I can do to make sure that these changes get
incorporated if they are not already?

Many Thanks,
Jason West

Re: Character encoding on other platforms (previously os/390)

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Jason.West@mail.state.ky.us schrieb:
> I've had a couple folks ask me for the modified code so the proper character
> encoding is returned on the toString().getBytes()
> is US-ASCII. This is cool that other people besides me need this.

[..]

> I downloaded this snapshot xml-fop_20020515162132 and I don't see any
> modification to the code.
> Is this change going to be incorporated or has been incorporated in a way
> that I missed?

It hasn't been incorporated yet but it's on my todo list and should
be in the next maintenance release.

> Many Thanks,
> Jason West

Christian