Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org> on 2016/03/14 10:51:26 UTC

launchpad random failures during Sightly IT

Hello,

I've noticed that the launchpad randomly fails to start for the Sightly IT
module [0][1]. The first logged errors are:

14.03.2016 10:32:49.148 *ERROR* [qtp368404860-211]
org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity:
AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.
14.03.2016 10:32:49.148 *ERROR* [qtp368404860-211]
org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: Possible
reason is missing Repository service. Check AuthenticationSupport
dependencies.

Any idea what might be wrong? We do set a custom Resource Resolver Factory
configuration at [2] but SLING-5561 [3] and SLING-5580 [4] were fixed three
days ago and this problem can still be reproduced on a freshly built
launchpad.

Thanks,
Radu

[0] -
https://github.com/apache/sling/blob/trunk/bundles/scripting/sightly/testing/pom.xml
[1] -
https://builds.apache.org/job/sling-trunk-1.7/3581/org.apache.sling$org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.testing/consoleFull
[2] -
https://github.com/apache/sling/blob/trunk/bundles/scripting/sightly/testing-content/src/main/resources/SLING-INF/apps/sightlytck/install.json
[3] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-5561
[4] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-5580

Re: launchpad random failures during Sightly IT

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.
I guess the source of the failures is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-5602 since the Sightly tests
were providing a RRF configuration through a sling:OsgiConfig mode.

After moving the RRF config to the tests' provisioning model I couldn't
reproduce the random test failures any more.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@cotescu.com>.
The tests should start after the Launchpad is ready - this is the reason
for which there's a LaunchpadReadyIT test run first -
https://github.com/apache/sling/blob/trunk/bundles/scripting/sightly/testing/src/test/java/LaunchpadReadyIT.java
.

Oak seems to be up and running:

14.03.2016 10:32:46.116 *INFO* [OsgiInstallerImpl]
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.file.FileStore TarMK opened:
sling/repository/segmentstore (mmap=true)
14.03.2016 10:32:46.119 *INFO* [OsgiInstallerImpl]
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.file.FileStore Compaction
strategy set to: CompactionStrategy{paused=true, cloneBinaries=false,
cleanupType=CLEAN_OLD, olderThan=36000000, memoryThreshold=5,
persistedCompactionMap=true, retryCount=5, forceAfterFail=false,
compactionStart=1457947966119, offlineCompaction=false}

Any other clues?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,