Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by BlueFox <bl...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/07 20:16:09 UTC

Anyway to elect a coordinator from a network of brokers?

Hi, I'm trying to build a distributed redundancy network where only one of
the broker is suppose to produce message that will be consumed by all the
consumers. We also require that a new coordinator to be elected immediately
when the previous coordinator fails. JGroup has this ability of determine if
a node is a coordinator within a group of nodes because the nodes are
ordered in a list and the node at the top of the list is the coordinator. It
updates the list when the coordinator fails and the next in the list becomes
the coordinator. I'm wondering if there is similar mechanism in ActiveMQ or
what would be the best way to go about electing a coordinator within the
network of brokers. Any input is deeply appreciated.