Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Lalaji Sureshika <la...@wso2.com> on 2011/10/19 07:00:38 UTC

Regarding Open Social 2.0 Implementation in Shindig

Hi Devs,

We are interest of Activity Streaming in Open Social 2.0 and currently we
are looking into your code[Shindig trunk],how you have implemented
ActivityStreaming according to the specification[1].
Though the documentation on how you have implemented opensocial 2.0 in
Shindig is much lower,we have able to get rough idea on it.Yet we have
following questions,appreciate any one of you could answer to them.

*1*. Could you please explain is there any mapping between earlier
implemented 'Activity' implementation[with opensocial 1.0] and
'ActivityStream' implementation[with opensocial 2.0] in your code and if
yes,how would you have done that?

*2 *In Shindig trunk,there's an interface called 'ActivityStreamService'
which is used to implement activity streaming functionality.But when looking
into its methods,the parameters which are passing from it,are not matched
with the fields introduced by open social 2.0 activity streaming.[For
example 'appId' is not more used in JSON Activity Streams specification,but
in the 'ActivityStreamService' interface it is passing as a parameter].Is
there any specific reason to do that?

*3*. According to spec[1],to implement activity streaming we have to
implement four different serializations.

a) Activity Serialization
b) Media Link Serialization
c) Object Serialization
d) Collection Serialization

By going through your code in shindig trunk,I noticed a),b),and c) has done
through defining interfaces as 'ActivityEntry' ,'MediaLink' and
'ActivityObject'.But how did you do the 4th serialization in shindig trunk.

*4.* Could I get any valuable references regarding your open-social activity
streaming implementation,other than the wiki page and opensocial specs docs.

[1] http://activitystrea.ms/head/json-activity.html

Thanks;
Lalaji

[1] http://activitystrea.ms/head/json-activity.html