Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com> on 2014/11/07 00:17:49 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Flume 1.5.1 RC1

This is the seventh release for Apache Flume as a top-level project,
version 1.5.1. We are voting on release candidate RC1.

It fixes the following issues:
 https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flume.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG;hb=c74804226bcee59823c0cbc09cdf803a3d9e6920

*** Please cast your vote within the next 72 hours ***

The tarball (*.tar.gz), signature (*.asc), and checksums (*.md5, *.sha1)
for the source and binary artifacts can be found here:
  https://people.apache.org/~hshreedharan/apache-flume-1.5.1-rc1/

Maven staging repo:
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflume-1006/

The tag to be voted on:
  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flume.git;a=commit;h=c74804226bcee59823c0cbc09cdf803a3d9e6920

Flume's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
  http://www.apache.org/dist/flume/KEYS

Thanks,
Hari

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume 1.5.1 RC1

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks Hari for all the work.
-roshan

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume 1.5.1 RC1

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
This vote is now closed.

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1

The build works fine and all test cases pass.

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume 1.5.1 RC1

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.
That sounds good to me. Thanks for working on this release Hari.

Regards,
Arvind Prabhakar

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 11:10 AM, Hari Shreedharan <

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
I will update the documentation before I post it to the website — that should be good.

Thanks,
Hari

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
My vote:

+1.

* Verified checksums

* Verified signatures

* Checked NOTICE, CHANGELOG, README, RELEASE-NOTES etc.

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com>.
> [...]

> > On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Hari Shreedharan <
> > hshreedharan@cloudera.com> wrote:
> >> Roshan,
> >>

> >> The Avro Source does make it configurable -
> >>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flume.git;a=blob;f=flume-ng-core/src/main/java/org/apache/flume/source/AvroSource.java;h=59ee43a8e1b758ca3d98ba572a885ee2f01b7bed;hb=HEAD#l185
> >>

> >> But the HTTPSource disables it completely (it is not a configurable
> >> option).
> >>

> >> Should we remove the option from the Avro Source (or add these two to
> the
> >> list of excluded protocols?). I believe it is best to not allow the
> >> protocols to be used at all, so it must be included anyway - any
> additional
> >> ones should just be added to these. I think we can add the configurable
> >> option for HTTP Source in a later release.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume 1.5.1 RC1

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume 1.5.1 RC1

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
Roshan,

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com>.
Seems to be done correctly in AvroSource though. have not tested it.

Would be good to have a simple unit test for this setting.

-roshan

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume 1.5.1 RC1

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume 1.5.1 RC1

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.
+1