Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Joel Nylund <jn...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/11 21:31:06 UTC

indexing on differnt server

is it possible to index on one server and copy the files over?

thanks
Joel

Re: indexing on differnt server

Posted by Paul Rosen <pa...@performantsoftware.com>.
I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but we do all our indexing on a
non-public server so we can test it. Only when everyone is satisfied do
we put it on the public server.

To do that we just tar up the "index" folder and scp it to the server.
To install it, we stop solr, untar it, and start solr.

Posted by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafał Kuć <ra...@alud.com.pl>.
Hello!

> is it possible to index on one server and copy the files over?

> thanks
> Joel

Yes,  it  is  possible,  look  at the CollectionDistribution wiki page
(http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CollectionDistribution).

 Rafał Kuć