Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Alex Blewitt <Al...@ioshq.com> on 2003/08/16 13:52:33 UTC

Re: More committers

On Saturday, Aug 16, 2003, at 12:32 Europe/London, Greg Wilkins wrote:

> I actually think that a tracking system at this stage would not help
> much.  Too many things don't work and many patches will be outdated
> before they ever get applied.
>
> I think we actually need a few more committers on the project.  This
> would both reduce the number of PATCHes generated and increase the
> number of people to handle them

<steps forward>

Personally, I'd like to be able to work on the JavaMail stuff more --
and I can tell there's going to be a whole lot more patches coming that
way, as I write tests/fix bugs, and write the mail transport/store
classes.

How do I become a committer?

Alex.

Re: More committers

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Alex Blewitt wrote:

> On Saturday, Aug 16, 2003, at 13:12 Europe/London, Jason Dillon wrote:
>
>> Kay, then you need to sign and fax the contributor agreement v2, not
>> sure what the link is to that at the moment.

it is @

http://incubator.apache.org/forms/ASF_Contributor_License_2_form.pdf

the actual process for voting in new committers is @

http://incubator.apache.org/drafts/newcommitters.html

the process for handling tech details once a committer is voted in is @

http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html

atm it is probably a good idea to have your sponsoring members
handle most of this stuff until you get to grips with the process :D

in general, all (would-be) contributors and committers would do well to
read through www.apache.org/foundation/, www.apache.org/dev/,
incubator.apache.org and jakarta.apache.org/site/guidelines.html. Stuff
might be a little spread out, but most parts of the process are actually
documented :D

best regards,

- Leo Simons

Re: More committers

Posted by Alex Blewitt <Al...@ioshq.com>.
On Saturday, Aug 16, 2003, at 13:12 Europe/London, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Kay, then you need to sign and fax the contributor agreement v2, not
> sure what the link is to that at the moment.

The only one I can find on the Apache site is:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/ASF_Contributor_License_1_form.pdf

(and
http://www.apache.org/foundation/ASF_Contributor_License_2_form.pdf
doesn't exist :-)

> Assuming that other binding voters agree that we should give you
> access.
>
> But this is just a guess, not sure what the official process is,
> perhaps that is listed somewhere on the apache website, not sure.

The only links I can find are

http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html
   and
http://www.apache.org/dev/contributors.html

and they just refer to contributing (done that :-) and signing
agreement 1 above. Is that the one I need to sign, or should there be a
different flavour?

Alex.

Re: More committers

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>.
Kay, then you need to sign and fax the contributor agreement v2, not
sure what the link is to that at the moment.

Assuming that other binding voters agree that we should give you access.

But this is just a guess, not sure what the official process is,
perhaps that is listed somewhere on the apache website, not sure.

--jason

Re: More committers

Posted by Alex Blewitt <Al...@bandlem.com>.

Re: More committers