Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by notarysojac <la...@drake.org> on 2007/01/16 06:59:04 UTC

Xalan reports 'equal symbol expected' ???

Can anyone tell me what might be the problem here?  There is nothing
fundamentally wrong with the JSP or the XSL - but nomatter WHAT I do to the
code - the same error (same file, same line, same char) is returned:

root cause
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /jcm/app/jsp/tableframe.jsp(8,62) equal
symbol expected

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:39)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:405)

CURIOUS: The code runs fine if it is executed without any Xalan involvement.
However, when I perform a 'dispatch' to the very same JSP page which invokes
the very same XSL stylesheet, this error is returned.

Here is the code from the JSP file in question:

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"
language="java" import="java.sql.*" errorPage="" %>

<%@ include file="/myapp/jsp/jstlrefs.jsp" %>
<% String house = (String) session.getAttribute("house"); %>