Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by di...@multitask.com.au on 2003/01/02 00:38:38 UTC

Gump and Jaxp

My attempts to get Gump going on my machine have so far been successful in
the gen and update parts.

With the 'build' all runs ok, except I get a

9:29:33
bootstrap-ant
PREQ FAILURE - jaxp

pre-req failure on jaxp for bootstrap-ant

I've searched Google and the mail archives and can't find this error
mentioned anywhere.

I'm running on jdk1.4.1_01/ win2k sp3 so jaxp should be in the rt.jar, no?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Re: Gump and Jaxp

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> Sam,
>
> If I update a package definition in the profile, how do I update the
> package on the machines where Gump runs (the nightly builds, etc).

If you send me your ssh public keys, I can create you a user on
gump.covalent.net.  If you update the one there, I can take care of the
rest.  nagoya is managed by Pier and Justy.  rubix is mine, is behind a
NAT and a firewall, so it pretty much is inaccessible.

The worse that can happen is that for a day or so, the published builds
will have a sickly yellow color.  ;-)

Realistically, if you make the update shortly after a nightly build
starts, I will have nearly 24 hours to react before most people even
notice it.

- Sam Ruby

Re: Gump and Jaxp

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Sam Ruby wrote:

> I'd like to see Gump's dependencies stay current, so instead of
> symlinks, I would prefer to see gump's profile updated.

Sam,

If I update a package definition in the profile, how do I update the package
on the machines where Gump runs (the nightly builds, etc).

Conor

Re: Gump and Jaxp

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Sam Ruby wrote:
> While Gump in general will (likely) run on JDK 1.2, IMHO, there is no
> reason that the profile/gump.xml to be able to do so.  In fact, it will
> likely fail as a number of projects within it have moved up.
>
> Any volunteers to remove these dependencies?

Yep, I can do that.

>> I downloaded the latest XML pack from Sun recently but this is now
>> newer than that used by Gump, so I symlinked it.
>

> I'd like to see Gump's dependencies stay current, so instead of
> symlinks, I would prefer to see gump's profile updated.

Agreed. I normally just get things working first and then update. I'll
update this too, although perhaps it will become moot due to the above.

Conor

Re: Gump and Jaxp

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.

Re: Gump and Jaxp

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> My attempts to get Gump going on my machine have so far been successful in
> the gen and update parts.
>
> With the 'build' all runs ok, except I get a
>

> 9:29:33
> bootstrap-ant
> PREQ FAILURE - jaxp
>
> pre-req failure on jaxp for bootstrap-ant
>
> I've searched Google and the mail archives and can't find this error
> mentioned anywhere.
>
> I'm running on jdk1.4.1_01/ win2k sp3 so jaxp should be in the rt.jar, no?
> --

Whilst it is not needed for JDK 1.4, Gump still requires it explicitly. I
presume this is because Gump still supports JDK 1.3. To solve this you need
to install the JAXP package into your package directory.

If you look at your workspace element, you'll see something like
<workspace basedir="/home/gump/gumprun" pkgdir="/opt"
            sync="rsync -r -a --delete" version="0.3">

So, you need to grab the JAXP stuff from sun and install in /opt, or
wherever your pkgdir points to.

I downloaded the latest XML pack from Sun recently but this is now newer
than that used by Gump, so I symlinked it.

java_xml_pack-summer-02 -> java_xml_pack-summer-02_01

and within that

jaxp-1.2 -> jaxp-1.2_01

Conor