Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mark Mindenhall <mm...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/29 15:25:05 UTC

[pool] Release of 2.0.0?

Hello,

I filed a bug yesterday (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/POOL-213)
against commons-pool.  We are seeing getNumActive (the _numActive counter)
return negative values on our production servers using Hector (Cassandra
client that uses commons-pool for connection pooling).  I noticed that the
version of commons-pool in trunk has been refactored to use HashMaps to
keep track of objects rather than int counters.  Whatever the source of our
problem, I suspect that this new version would prevent the "_numActive"
counter from being inaccurate.

What's the status of this new version?  It looks like the last code change
was committed on Feb 14.  If all the tests are passing, would it be
possible to generate a release (even if just beta or RC)?  I can't use any
snapshots as Maven dependencies in our production environment, because they
could change anytime in a way that breaks things.  However, if there was a
beta or RC, I could test with that and then move it into production if it's
working.

Many thanks,
Mark

Re: [pool] Release of 2.0.0?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
There are a handful of Jira issues I'd like to clear up before the first RC is rolled. They are on my todo list but Tomcat stuff keeps getting in the way. I'd really like to see pool2 make some progress so I'll try and find some time for this in the coming week.

Of course, anyone else is free to pitch in.

Mark