Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2007/02/04 21:41:00 UTC

[VOTE] 6.0.x release process update

Hi,

I propose the following release process for Tomcat 6.0.x:

1. create tarball and unofficial binaries, put them on
people.apache.org/~remm/tomcat-6
2. announce candidate binaries are available for testing
3. wait 2-3 days for testing
4. call for alpha/beta/stable vote on build
5. 3 +1's later publish previously created tarball and binaries to
www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-6
6. wait 2-3 days for voting to complete and/or for more testing
7. announce release after sync of the website

Votes ?

Rémy

Re: [VOTE] 6.0.x release process update

Posted by Martin Dubuc <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I propose the following release process for Tomcat 6.0.x:
>
> 1. create tarball and unofficial binaries, put them on
> people.apache.org/~remm/tomcat-6
> 2. announce candidate binaries are available for testing
> 3. wait 2-3 days for testing
> 4. call for alpha/beta/stable vote on build
> 5. 3 +1's later publish previously created tarball and binaries to
> www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-6
> 6. wait 2-3 days for voting to complete and/or for more testing
> 7. announce release after sync of the website
>
> Votes ?

+1

> Rémy

Rainer

Re: [VOTE] 6.0.x release process update

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Mark Thomas wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I propose the following release process for Tomcat 6.0.x:
>>
>> 1. create tarball and unofficial binaries, put them on
>> people.apache.org/~remm/tomcat-6
>> 2. announce candidate binaries are available for testing
>> 3. wait 2-3 days for testing
>> 4. call for alpha/beta/stable vote on build
>> 5. 3 +1's later publish previously created tarball and binaries to
>> www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-6
>> 6. wait 2-3 days for voting to complete and/or for more testing
>> 7. announce release after sync of the website
>>
>> Votes ?
>
> +1
>
> How does this differ from the current process?

The current one has an extra vote to make a build alpha, plus more wait
time (at least that was my impression).

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeanfrancois Arcand <jf...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hola,

On 2/4/07, Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I propose the following release process for Tomcat 6.0.x:
>
> 1. create tarball and unofficial binaries, put them on
> people.apache.org/~remm/tomcat-6
> 2. announce candidate binaries are available for testing
> 3. wait 2-3 days for testing
> 4. call for alpha/beta/stable vote on build
> 5. 3 +1's later publish previously created tarball and binaries to
> www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-6
> 6. wait 2-3 days for voting to complete and/or for more testing
> 7. announce release after sync of the website
>
> Votes ?

+1.

Yoav

Re: [VOTE] 6.0.x release process update

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I propose the following release process for Tomcat 6.0.x:
>
> 1. create tarball and unofficial binaries, put them on
> people.apache.org/~remm/tomcat-6
> 2. announce candidate binaries are available for testing
> 3. wait 2-3 days for testing
> 4. call for alpha/beta/stable vote on build
> 5. 3 +1's later publish previously created tarball and binaries to
> www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-6
> 6. wait 2-3 days for voting to complete and/or for more testing
> 7. announce release after sync of the website
>
> Votes ?
yo,
in step one, the source code is tagged right?

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Feb 4, 2007, at 3:41 PM, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I propose the following release process for Tomcat 6.0.x:
>
> 1. create tarball and unofficial binaries, put them on
> people.apache.org/~remm/tomcat-6
> 2. announce candidate binaries are available for testing
> 3. wait 2-3 days for testing
> 4. call for alpha/beta/stable vote on build
> 5. 3 +1's later publish previously created tarball and binaries to
> www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-6
> 6. wait 2-3 days for voting to complete and/or for more testing
> 7. announce release after sync of the website
>
> Votes ?

+1

Re: [VOTE] 6.0.x release process update

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.