Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Pierre ROUDIER <pj...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/09 19:09:57 UTC

Listing directory content with the FTPSampler

Hello,

I needed the ability to send the LIST FTP command from the FTPSampler for a
test scenario at work. So I forked the project on GitHub and gave it a go.
The result can be seen here:
https://github.com/proudier/jmeter/commit/ff103720ee0d5f9b43dc54f56eb5778757bed936

Key aspects:
- As the original FTPSampler used a boolean "Upload" flag , I had to
refactor some code to allow for a "switch compliant" architecture.
Consequently, the FTPSampler.upload property had to be replaced with a
FTPSampler.command.
- The sampler understands both properties, so that unmodified .jmx can be
ran as before.
- The conversion from the legacy property to the new one is performed upon
property.

I ran the following tests:
- ant checkstyle => OK
- ant test  => OK
- and I've been using the whole thing at my work place for 3 weeks

I'd be happy to hear your comments and make the necessary adjustments
before making the pull-request.

Best regards
Pierre

Re: Listing directory content with the FTPSampler

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
On Thursday, April 14, 2016, Pierre Roudier <pj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> The current version is already backward compatible; it's quite easy to
> implement. I'll make sure the new one remains compatible.

Also ensure that:
When you open a 2.13 plan in 3.1 and then close it, it does not ask you to
save.
If you don't know how to do it, submit PR as is and we'll help.

> Before I start the dev, what are the guidelines regarding JMeter UI?

No guidelines for now.
I would say , make it clean, intuitive and display correctly in 1024x768.
Of course scrollbar must appear whenever screen is not big enough.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Listing directory content with the FTPSampler

Posted by Pierre Roudier <pj...@gmail.com>.
Hi

The current version is already backward compatible; it's quite easy to
implement. I'll make sure the new one remains compatible.

Before I start the dev, what are the guidelines regarding JMeter UI? I'd

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Listing directory content with the FTPSampler

Posted by Pierre Roudier <pj...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.

--