Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Hugo Trippaers <HT...@schubergphilis.com> on 2013/02/25 15:14:24 UTC

Tests in error: testNumJobsEqToNumVms3(com.cloud.network.security.SecurityGroupQueueTest): unable to create new native thread

Hey Guys,

Is anyone particularly attached to this testcase? It creates a lot of jobs in rapid succession, but this regularly leads to 'unable to create native thread' problems when the user process limit set to 1024, which is the default on most redhat and centos servers. This turns into a lot of false positives when building on the apache build system and the various rpm build jobs on other Jenkins hosts.

If somebody can explain what this test is here for, maybe we can tune it down to use a little less resources?

Cheers,

Hugo

Re: Tests in error: testNumJobsEqToNumVms3(com.cloud.network.security.SecurityGroupQueueTest): unable to create new native thread

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 02:14:24PM +0000, Hugo Trippaers wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Is anyone particularly attached to this testcase? It creates a lot of jobs in rapid succession, but this regularly leads to 'unable to create native thread' problems when the user process limit set to 1024, which is the default on most redhat and centos servers. This turns into a lot of false positives when building on the apache build system and the various rpm build jobs on other Jenkins hosts.
>
> If somebody can explain what this test is here for, maybe we can tune it down to use a little less resources?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hugo

That one always seems more like an integration test than a unit test.
Can it be moved so that it runs only when we try to run the integration
tests (for example, the ones that use the DB)?