Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org> on 2004/12/15 11:12:01 UTC

[OJB1.1] Get rid of internet access when running torque

Hi all,

is it possible to get rid of the Internet access when running torque,
e.g. using "ant prepare-testdb"?

There is a doctype definition in ojbtest-schema.xml and
ojbcore-schema.xml pointing to
"http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database_3_0_1.dtd"

Locally I add the database_3_0_1.dtd file to .../db-ojb/ directory and
change the doctype definition in the corresponding files.
Is there a smarter way to prevent Internet access, e.g. torque property?

regards,
Armin

Re: [OJB1.1] Get rid of internet access when running torque

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> Armin Waibel wrote:
>
>> is it possible to get rid of the Internet access when running torque,
>> e.g. using "ant prepare-testdb"?
>>
>> There is a doctype definition in ojbtest-schema.xml and
>> ojbcore-schema.xml pointing to
>> "http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database_3_0_1.dtd"
>>
>> Locally I add the database_3_0_1.dtd file to .../db-ojb/ directory and
>> change the doctype definition in the corresponding files.
>> Is there a smarter way to prevent Internet access, e.g. torque property?
>

> I guess the problem is that we're using Torque 3.1 in OJB 1.1 but the
> schema references the older DTD. Try changing the DTD references to
>
> http://db.apache.org/torque/dtd/database_3_1.dtd
>
> and then the XML parser should be able to find the DTD that resides
> inside the Torque jar.

Great! Now it's working without Internet access. Will check in changes.

regards,
Armin

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>.