Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/07/04 01:07:01 UTC

Re: [PRE-PROPOSAL] jakarta-tomcat-doc sub-project :WAS:[TomcatDocu mentation Redactors To Hire]

on 7/3/01 4:00 PM, "Christopher Cain" <cc...@mhsoftware.com> wrote:

> Anyway, I had no idea that Anakia was your product. I will most
> certainly have a look and provide my official critique. Since your
> stance on JSP is dead-on accurate, and I hear that your replacement tool
> is actually something of an improvement, Anakia certainly deserves a
> look.
>
> - Christopher

I want Anakia to stand on its own instead of being "my product" so I don't
hold that out as a carrot for people to munch on.

In reality, what you need to use is the jakarta-site2 module which is an
application built around Anakia. Ie: it is a pre-fabricated .vsl file,
examples and build scripts that allow you to quickly get started creating
documentation. You can also look at the jakarta-tomcat-site module which is
already setup to have the dependency on jakarta-site2.

Like I said before, everything you need to write documentation is already
there...discussing this over and over again is futile.

-jon