Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/23 12:50:46 UTC

Hudson settings

Hi guys,

is it possible we modify the Hudson server settings to send a mail only
once a day and only if some failure has been detected ?

Right now, everytime someone commit a fragment of code, we get tens of
mails from Hudson telling us that the code is unstable (well, whatever
it means... ) then that the code is back to stable.

Those mails just are annoyances, I had to delete hundreds of them from
my gmail account today :/

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Hudson settings

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 10:35 AM, Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>
> wrote:
>> Personally besides actually fixing our tests, I would suggest sending
>> the emails to the commit list instead of dev. There if would distract
>> fewer people and those on the commit list can probably use a filter to
>> further limit the pain.
>
> Makes sense. That would be a better idea.

All our builds are now sending emails to the commit list.

I will also see if I can find the cause of Vysper tests failing randomly.

/niklas

Re: Hudson settings

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> is it possible we modify the Hudson server settings to send a mail only once
> a day and only if some failure has been detected ?

Hudson only supports sending mails after a build, so in that case we
need only to run builds once per day (which seems suboptimal).

> Right now, everytime someone commit a fragment of code, we get tens of mails
> from Hudson telling us that the code is unstable (well, whatever it means...
> ) then that the code is back to stable.

For Vysper, we need to look into stabilizing our tests. Some tests
fail randomly at the moment.

Re: Hudson settings

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> is it possible we modify the Hudson server settings to send a mail only once
> a day and only if some failure has been detected ?
>
> Right now, everytime someone commit a fragment of code, we get tens of mails
> from Hudson telling us that the code is unstable (well, whatever it means...
> ) then that the code is back to stable.
>
> Those mails just are annoyances, I had to delete hundreds of them from my
> gmail account today :/

Hmm.. its a pattern and I usually delete them as well :(

+1

- ashish