Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Coolboykl <kh...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/03 09:10:36 UTC

How to exclude source and javadoc download

Hi all

I am using ivy2-RC2, using the hello-ivy as an example, could anyone tell me
how to exclude javadoc and source download? below is the ivy.xml

<ivy-module version="2.0">
    <info organisation="org.apache" module="hello-ivy"/>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency org="commons-lang" name="commons-lang" rev="2.0"/>
        <dependency org="commons-cli" name="commons-cli" rev="1.0"/>
    </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

When I run ant resolve, it always download the jar, the source, and the
javadoc. Is there anywhere to exclude those?

Cheers

Re: How to exclude source and javadoc download

Posted by Claudio Miranda <cl...@claudius.com.br>.

Is there any way to globally configure ivy not to download sources and
javadocs  ?
Perhaps some configuration to do at ivysettings.xml ?

Thanks

Claudio Miranda

ataggart wrote:

> Is there some way to do this globally?

-----
Claudio Miranda
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/claudio
http://www.claudius.com.br/blog

Re: How to exclude source and javadoc download

Posted by ataggart <al...@gmail.com>.
Is there some way to do this globally?

We just updated from ivy-2.0.0-beta2 to ivy-2.0.0-rc2 and every one of our
builds started failing due to not finding dependent class files.  I did some
digging after noticing that Ivy was downloading 'source' and 'javadoc' jars
in addition to the binary jars (which, by the way was a huge waste of
bandwidth and time), and I can only guess that our ivy:retrieve pattern
(/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]) was resulting in each of the 3 jars getting
written to the same file name, resulting in the 'javadoc' jar being the only
one left.

Defaulting to pulling down all available source and javadoc jars for every
dependency in the entire graph may be a useful feature to someone, but it is
horrible for us.  For now we've had to revert back to ivy-2.0.0-beta2.

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.
The sources and javadocs are part of the "sources" and "javadoc" configurations.
If you exclude these in your configurationmapping, they won't be downloaded:

<dependency org="commons-lang" name="commons-lang" rev="2.0" conf="*->*,!sources,!javadoc" />

Maarten