Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Volodymyr Aleksandrov <va...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/29 12:50:50 UTC

Append to existing file in C#

Hello,

Want to propose to add a possibility to append to existing files in C# in a
similar way how it is implemented in Java.

I haven't found such tasks in GitHub and Jira and unfortunately haven't
found a way to access the search mailing list archive.

I created a working draft implementation and can finish writing unit tests
in a couple days. You can find the code here: https://github.com/valxv/avro.

My proposal is to add two new public static methods OpenAppendWriter (one
receiving string path and other - streams) to DataFileWriter class to be
consistent with C# implementation.

--
Vladimir

Re: Append to existing file in C#

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.
Hi Vladimir,

Please feel free to open a ticket (https://jira.apache.org/jira) and a PR
if you want feedback on the implementation. Try to make the PR's small to
make the reviewing easier :)

Cheers, Fokko

Op zo 29 mrt. 2020 om 14:51 schreef Volodymyr Aleksandrov <valxdrv@gmail.com