Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net> on 2010/09/16 10:51:55 UTC

relativePath in m3 release notes

Hi all,

Just read the link provided in the previous mail about m3-rc1. About this
parent pom resolution, I was aware Maven3 would now not resolve in the
project if parent project is not found in the default relative path :
../pom.xml.

But the comment here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Maven+3.x+Compatibility+Notes#Maven3.xCompatibilityNotes-ParentPOMResolution
says
:

Maven 3 no longer resolves parent POMs from the local project checkout
unless the <relativePath> element is properly specified in the child POM

Does it mean that <relativePath> must now be put *even if* the parent pom is
in the default path?

Cheers
PS : IAsking this question on the dev list, since m3 is not yet released as
final. But I you feel this kind of question should have be post on users
list, just let me know and I will do so in the future.

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: relativePath in m3 release notes

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Thanks for the small rewrite done, Benjamin.

Cheers

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@jeffmaury.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.