Posted to user@commons.apache.org by simon <si...@chello.at> on 2007/08/28 21:51:54 UTC

Re: Where can I download Log 4j 1.2 extras? (the current download links don't work)

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 17:02 +0300, Vaknin Avishag wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I need to download the extras to log4j 1.2 but all the links to the
> different mirrors  (on
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/logging/log4j/companions/extras/1.0
> /apache-log4j-extras-1.0.zip  ) for download don't work. Does anybody
> know a link for download that works?
> If not- has anyone tried log4j 1.3 which is an alpha version? Is it
> stable?

You're really asking in the wrong place. This is the commons project
which doesn't have much to do with log4j.

Try asking on the log4j email list.

However I'd never heard of log4j "extras" before, so I had a look. The
website is indeed hard to find: it doesn't appear to be linked from
anywhere, I found it via a search:
  http://logging.apache.org/log4j/companions/extras/

I would guess that this is something pretty new that isn't really
intended for public use yet. There is certainly nothing yet in the log4j
downloads directory, or maven1 or maven2 repositories. And as you say,
the download links from that webpage are all broken.

The log4j mailing lists are definitely the best place to ask about
this...

Regards,

Simon