Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au.INVALID> on 2019/10/07 00:59:53 UTC

Re: [DISCUSSION] (OFBIZ-11206) Edit the user login security question from party profile

I agree with Jacques and Nicolas - remove it.

Security is only as good as its weakest link (
https://www.schneier.com/essays/archives/2005/02/the_curse_of_the_sec.html)
, and security questions can be a real weakness. Any organisation using
OFBiz that really hates passwords could look at security keys from Yubico
or the like.

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2773

Phone: +61 3 9585 6788
Web: http://www.coherentsoftware.com.au/
Email: info@coherentsoftware.com.au

Re: [DISCUSSION] (OFBIZ-11206) Edit the user login security question from party profile

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I have created OFBIZ-11244 for that. I'll work on it ASAP

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Paul,