Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by alainkr <ak...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/15 19:14:17 UTC

cursorMemoryHighWaterMark applies on the broker ? or policyEntry ?

Hello

I'm very puzzled by the cursorMemoryHighWaterMark after reading
http://blog.christianposta.com/activemq/activemq-understanding-memory-usage/
I tested lowering the highwater mark to prevent (or defer ) 100% memory
usage.

Using 5.10.0, with the setting

I was excepting the limit to be per queue, but it's not ! It's global.
If one queue uses 25%, the other one will use up on 5%  max then swap go to
storage

I this because of the wildcard ?

How can I express each queue to have a 30% watermark ?

Thanks

Re: cursorMemoryHighWaterMark applies on the broker ? or policyEntry ?

Posted by alainkr <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Yes that's the configuration be with 5.10.0 this didn't work. Like
explained.

What seams to be working is

    <policyEntry queue=">" queuePrefetch="55" queueBrowserPrefetch="5"
memoryLimit="220mb"  producerFlowControl="false" />
                    <policyEntry topic=">" topicPrefetch="5"
durableTopicPrefetch="5"  memoryLimit="220mb"  producerFlowControl="false"
/>

If producerFlowControl is not false the producer is block if above
memoryLimit. Message a not  "store" only like when highwatermark is reached.

Thanks

Alain

Re: cursorMemoryHighWaterMark applies on the broker ? or policyEntry ?

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Using the following configuration, each queue should be limited to at most
30% of the total memory store:

<destinationPolicy>
    <policyMap>
        <policyEntries>
            <policyEntry queue=">" cursorMemoryHighWaterMark="30"/>

        </policyEntries>
    </policyMap>
</destinationPolicy>

Is that the configuration you used?