Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com> on 2018/07/19 08:27:10 UTC

Increase validity duration of JMeter Root CA

Hello,
Currently :

   - proxy.cert.validity=7

This is annoying for users who must remember to add the ROOT JMeter
certificate to browser every week .

I would suggest setting it to 1 year or at least 1 month.

Regards
Philippe

Re: Increase validity duration of JMeter Root CA

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 26 July 2018 at 17:51, Philippe Mouawad
> In this case, I let you revert code.

I see Felix has just done this - thanks.

> Regarding the incomplete analysis, please expose on  private how to do that.

Done.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
On Thursday, July 26, 2018, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 25 July 2018 at 21:14, Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > For now I increase validity to 3 months as there is a majority that
> agrees.
>
> There is also a -1 from me.
>
> It is wrong to unilaterally change the default without giving the
> users the chance to agree to the reduction in security.

IMO, Issue was discussed and although you have a -1, there are 3 +1 and
Felix looks neutral.

From my understanding of your question to sec team, there is nothing

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Increase validity duration of JMeter Root CA

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
See:
https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=62570

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 10:14 PM, Philippe Mouawad <

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Increase validity duration of JMeter Root CA

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Increase validity duration of JMeter Root CA

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
What ????

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Increase validity duration of JMeter Root CA

Posted by Srijon Das <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Increase validity duration of JMeter Root CA

Posted by Srijon Das <sr...@gmail.com>.
As a longtime jmeter user, I would like the option to decide how long my certificates will be valid, 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks etc.  And perhaps a warning describing the consequences of the security vulnerabilities.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
Can you please do that ?

Thank you

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Increase validity duration of JMeter Root CA

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Increase validity duration of JMeter Root CA

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Increase validity duration of JMeter Root CA

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello sebb,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Increase validity duration of JMeter Root CA

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1 for me