Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Laurent Michenaud <lm...@adeuza.fr> on 2003/12/02 18:31:51 UTC

Question using JProfiler with Tomcat

Hi,

I'm using Jprofiler to monitor my web application running on Tomcat.
My Webapp uses XML/XSLTC to generate the html page.

Looking at the JVM, I was horrified to see that some pages are using
more than 30 Mo of memory.

So, I've added another webapp that shows the JVM ( graphic in a applet
).

This applet shows differents values from Jprofiler about memory
consumption.
The used memory is not so much.

I think it is due to the fact that Jprofiler creates a lot of objects to
inspect the JVM.

So my conclusion is :
Don't use Jprofiler to see our much memory your web application use ! Or
divide the obtained
values by 3 or 4.

What's your opinion about that ?

Thanks