Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by Nicko Cadell <ni...@neoworks.com> on 2006/03/07 18:23:08 UTC

Release Plan for 1.2.10

Hi all,

Due to a security issue [1] I propose generating a new log4net release
from the current source code in subversion. This will be log4net 1.2.10.
The release will be labelled 'beta' due to the shortness of the release
process. If issues are discovered post release then another release may
be required.

The release plan is as follows:
I will put together a new release package for you to verify.
Then we will have a vote on this list (log4net-dev).
If the vote is passed then there will be a vote on the logging PMC list.
If that vote is passed then there will be a vote on the incubator list.
If that vote is passed then the software will be released.

Procedures for voting and releases are covered in the bylaws [2]. The
incubator release policy can be found here [3].

Regards,
Nicko

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4NET-67
[2] http://logging.apache.org/site/bylaws.html