Posted to user@tika.apache.org by hpvpl <va...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/19 15:48:14 UTC

trouble with last character "?" whn using Mp3Parser metadata.get()

Hi,

When I parse a Mp3 source I have a problem with the last character of the
album, Author and artist metadata. I get a ? character at the end of the
metadata.
The following code is the one I use

InputStream input = new FileInputStream(f);
 ContentHandler handler = new DefaultHandler();
Metadata metadata = new Metadata();
Parser parser = new Mp3Parser();
ParseContext parseCtx = new ParseContext();
parser.parse(input, handler, metadata, parseCtx);
input.close();
// List all metadata
String[] metadataNames = metadata.names();
for(String name : metadataNames){
System.out.println("----"+name + ": " + metadata.get(name));

The result I get

----Author: Renaud Garcia Fon?
----xmpDM:artist: Renaud Garcia Fon?
----channels: 2
----xmpDM:audioSampleRate: 44100

Any idea ?
Can't find anything on the web ...

Thanks

Re: trouble with last character "?" whn using Mp3Parser metadata.get()

Posted by hpvpl <va...@gmail.com>.
OK.
All is resolved. I was able to rebuild the complete project, picked-up the
tika-app-SNAPSHOT and rerun my program. The issue is resolved.
Thanks a lot for your help

Regards

vpl

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by hpvpl <va...@gmail.com>.
I've tried on diff system, diff version of maven (>2.x) and even on my
latest eclipse environment.

I get always the same error
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further
details.
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/10/apache-10.pom
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.tika:tika:1.1-SNAPSHOT
(C:\Temp\Tika-wkspcae\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM for
org.apache.tika:tika-parent:1.1-SNAPSHOT: Could not transfer artifact
org.apache:apache:pom:10 from/to central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2):
Connect times out and 'parent.relativePath' points at no local POM @
org.apache.tika:tika-parent:1.1-SNAPSHOT,
C:\Temp\Tika-wkspcae\tika-parent\pom.xml, line 25, column 11 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
[ERROR] [Help 2]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException

Did you face this issue in your own build environment ?

Thanks for your followup and support

vpl

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.

Posted by hpvpl <va...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your answer.
I could not find on Tika web-site a pointer to these build.
I've tried to checkout the code and recompile but face pom issue when doing
the mvn clean install....

Is their a place where I could get the nightly build ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.