Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Will McQueen <wi...@cloudera.com> on 2012/03/20 02:17:03 UTC

Flume Wiki Upkeep

Hi,

In an effort to provide the Flume community a positive onboarding
experience, I would like to volunteer for upkeeping the Flume wiki. For
example, in our Flume NG Getting Started Guide:

     https://cwiki.apache.org/FLUME/getting-started.html

...we're still directing users to checkout flume-728 branch instead of
trunk or branch-1.1.0 (filed as FLUME-1022), and the list of sources and
sinks is out of date. Beyond this guide, I currently see no Flume NG FAQ's,
or any guidance on how enthusiastic developers can create their own custom
components. I see these as opportunities for improvement to our documented
knowledge base.

Cheers,
Will

Re: Flume Wiki Upkeep