Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> on 2014/11/12 18:17:40 UTC

Merge security branch into master

I think the pull request to add authentication and authorization to storm is now ready to be merged into master.

https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/121#issuecomment-62754593
It is a little different from most pull requests, because of its size and all.  As I said in the comment  but I would like to see what the community thinks of it.  Please comment on the pull request itself so that it appears in the JIRA too.

 Thanks,

BobbyEvans

Re: Merge security branch into master

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
With the +1s from Taylor and Harsha I have merged the security branch to master.  If anyone runs into issues with this please let us know so we can address them.

Thanks again to everyone for all your help on this.
 - Bobby

     On Wednesday, November 12, 2014 10:09 PM, P. Taylor Goetz <pt...@gmail.com> wrote:

 I'm +1 for merging the security branch to master, we just need a little coordination.

Tomorrow (EST) I'll create a "0.9.3-branch" from the current master. After that any outstanding pull requests targeting master should be merged to that branch (obviously +1, etc. rules apply).

That way we can continue iterating on the 0.9.3 release as necessary to make sure it is solid, and still move forward with the 0.10 (security) work.

How does that sound?

-Taylor

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.