Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Khairnar Dinesh <kd...@vanenburg.com> on 2001/10/19 16:23:05 UTC

Embedded script with XalanJ

Hi!

I would like to know
how I can get vbscript embedded into the xsl file
work perfectly.

when I apply following xsl

<?xml version="1.0"?>
                xmlns:lxslt="http://xml.apache.org/xslt"
                xmlns:counter="MyCounter"
                extension-element-prefixes="counter"
                version="1.0">
  <lxslt:component prefix="counter"
                   functions="read">
    <lxslt:script lang="vbscript">
      function read(str)
        read str
     end function
    </lxslt:script>
  </lxslt:component>
  <xsl:template match="/">
    <HTML>
      <H1>Names in alphatebical order</H1>
        <xsl:value-of select="counter:read('FromRead')"/>
    </HTML>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

on the following xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<doc>
  <name first="David" last="Marston"/>
   <name first="Shane" last="Curcuru"/>
</doc>

what I get is as follows:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
com.ibm.bsf.engines.activescript.ActiveScriptEngine.call(ActiveScriptEngine.
java:793)
	at
org.apache.xalan.extensions.ExtensionHandlerGeneral.callFunction(ExtensionHa
ndlerGeneral.java:299)
	at
org.apache.xalan.extensions.ExtensionsTable.extFunction(ExtensionsTable.java
:253)
	at
org.apache.xpath.functions.FuncExtFunction.execute(FuncExtFunction.java:141)
	at org.apache.xpath.XPath.execute(XPath.java:260)
	at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemValueOf.execute(ElemValueOf.java:251)
	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(Transform
erImpl.java:2251)
	at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java:
637)
	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(Transform
erImpl.java:2251)
	at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java:
637)
	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(Transform
erImpl.java:2251)
	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.applyTemplateToNode(Transformer
Impl.java:2134)
	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(TransformerImpl.j
ava:1246)
	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3070)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
file:///D:/Dinesh/SelfTutorials/JavaXML/Xalan/vbscript.xsl; Line 21; Column
58; javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Could not create extension:
read because of: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(TransformerImpl.j
ava:1269)
	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3070)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
---------
; SystemID: file:///D:/Dinesh/SelfTutorials/JavaXML/Xalan/vbscript.xsl;
Line#: 21; Column#: 58
; SystemID: file:///D:/Dinesh/SelfTutorials/JavaXML/Xalan/vbscript.xsl;
Line#: 21; Column#: 58
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Could not create extension: read
because of: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at
org.apache.xalan.extensions.ExtensionHandlerGeneral.callFunction(ExtensionHa
ndlerGeneral.java:322)
[...]

Regards,
Dinesh.

The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error.

RE: Embedded script with XalanJ

Posted by "Matthew L. Avizinis" <ml...@gleim.com>.
Sorry, these were instructions for use with Xalan.  They may not be what you
were looking for.

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Matthew --

Did you ever end up working on this?  I just tried my example and
everything works fine except XalanJ hangs up at the end.  I traced this
in a debugger and everything seems fine until I return from the
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.main method.  At that point, everything
hangs!!

I conclude from this that there is some problem in one of the native
methods that is causing an overwrite of some piece of storage.

Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with c++ nor with BSF's native code
so I think the best way to handle this is to just report a bug to the
BSF folks.  This is fairly easy to recreate but the BSF project doesn't
seem active.

Do we have anyone with VisualC set up on a windows box that might want
to track down this code in a debugger and propose a fix to the BSF
folks?

Gary

Posted by "Matthew L. Avizinis" <ml...@gleim.com>.
Sorry again, I must be sleeping.  You _did_ want to use VBScript with Xalan.
So they could help you.