Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Frank Brendel <fr...@eurolog.com> on 2015/03/05 09:27:15 UTC

Move metadata changes content

Hello,

I am trying to index SharePoint documents in an OpenSearchServer index.
Therefor I have to move the meta data 'uri' coming from SharePoint to
'url' required by the index schema.

But the meta data is not moved. It is copied into a new meta data and
the content is changed.
As result I get two meta data 'uri' and 'url' with different content.

Here is what I have sniffed:

<field name="uri">
    <value>
http://share.point.server:1234/Site/SubSite/Documents/Document.docx
    </value>
</field>
<field name="url">
    <value>
       <![CDATA[/Site/SubSite/Documents/Document.docx]]>
    </value>
</field>

The problem is that the links presented by the search web page doesn't
work because the "protocol://host:port" part is removed.
How can I keep the link intact?

Kind regards
Frank

Re: Move metadata changes content

Posted by Frank Brendel <fr...@eurolog.com>.
Hi Karl,

Am 05.03.2015 um 10:34 schrieb Karl Wright:
> The OpenSearchServer connector reserves "uri" to be the document's
> actual URI, which in ManifoldCF's output connectors means the
> document's key.  So you cannot override that.  Nor does it actually
> come from a metadata field called "uri".  So, if I assume you are
> trying to move that around using the Metadata Adjuster transformer,
> you cannot actually describe that key and specify that it gets moved.
that's good to know.
And now it's clear why I see only a rewrite of the 'Attribute name' from
the 'Path metadata' when I provide one and not of the 'uri'.

> But you *can* count on the uri field in OpenSearchServer, or the "id"
> field in Solr, etc. to contain a usable URL that you can click on.
> That's usually the way people do things.
First I started to bring MantisBT and a Windows Share together and
defined the 'url' field as the key in the OpenSearchServer index schema.
Ok, 'uri' is much better.
But now I am standing here like my friend Bert and have to integrate the
SharePoint with all its high confidential documents ;-)

I think I start over and use Solr.

Thank you
Frank

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.