Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by William Rusch <wr...@kidscamps.com> on 2001/04/23 14:45:19 UTC

libareq make problems

Hello I'm trying to compile libareq on an alpha running 4.0d however the
make dies as you can see below. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Bill

cc: Error: apache_multipart_buffer.c, line 77: In this statement, "haystack"
may not be subtracted from "ptr".
        len = haystacklen - (ptr - haystack);
-----------------------------^
cc: Error: apache_multipart_buffer.c, line 85: In this statement, "ptr" does
not point to an object type.
        ptr++; len--;
--------^
*** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1
Stop.

Re: libareq make problems

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
"William Rusch" <wr...@kidscamps.com> writes:

> Hello I'm trying to compile libareq on an alpha running 4.0d however the
> make dies as you can see below. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Please try out the latest version from

  http://www.apache.org/~jimw/

> cc: Error: apache_multipart_buffer.c, line 77: In this statement, "haystack"
> may not be subtracted from "ptr".
>         len = haystacklen - (ptr - haystack);
> -----------------------------^
> cc: Error: apache_multipart_buffer.c, line 85: In this statement, "ptr" does
> not point to an object type.
>         ptr++; len--;
> --------^

The latest CVS versions don't have the lines above. It looks like

  line 72:      char *ptr = haystack;
  line 77:	len = haystacklen - (ptr - (char *)haystack);

Please report back if you experience problems with the latest
version.

Thanks.
--
Joe Schaefer